Thursday, May 23, 2013

Put the "U" back in Beautiful!





      Many women have asked me about my fitness tips, weight loss, beauty tips and the like. For starters, I believe that water, naps and a good moisturizer are the keys to a youthful look!

I start my morning off by drinking a full glass of water, a cup of unsweetened green tea, eating 6oz of lean protein and a complex carbohydrate (oats, multi-grain toast, ect;) I take a prenatal or multivitamin, get dressed and hit the gym!

At the gym I start off by doing 30-45 minutes of fat burning cardio, preferably 45 but it really comes down to what my attention span can handle! (15 incline, 2.3 mph) I then see my trainer and he gives me my weight lifting work out for the day!

After my work out I grab 10-15 raw almonds, water and snack on those until I get home to eat some more lean protein and veggies. A fruit if I am craving sweets and a complex carb if I am super hungry.
Water is the most important thing to keep handy, helps you not over eat!

After I have released those endorphins the day just seems that much more happy and at this point I'm probably singing some 80's tune or movie sound track. I grab a warm shower and use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, they make your hair feel like silk! I use bar soap on my skin because I think body wash is slimy, then I moisturize with Say Yes to Cucumbers on my face and Cetaphil all over my body. 

I use MAC cosmetics on my face and have for years. I swear by their products, they're amazing! Another thing I swear by is Dry shampoo and hair powder, if you need volume in your hair you got it!

At this point I am hungry again so I will grab another snack, maybe 1/2 of an avocado and some multi grain tostitos or maybe I am being bad and eat a slice (or two) of protein cheesecake!  (link below)

http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-protein-cheese-cake-dessert-248423

At the end of the day I am all hydrated because I kept my water bottle handy and hungry because I kept my metabolism going with my many small meals. Your body is like a furnace, you have to feed it for it to burn! So for dinner I may have anything from Spaghetti squash to baked fish, veggies and a sweet potato. It all just depends on my mood. 

But here are my beauty and health tips, hope it's helpful!

xoxo

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment